New, easy-to-use Zebra P4T and RP4T mobile printers deliver long-lasting RFID tags and barcode labels for improved workforce efficiency
I’m a huge supporter of the concept of distributed printing. It just makes so much sense to produce labels right where you actually need them which can really improve processes and help reduce errors.
The printer manufacturers seem to agree and we often see new products that fit into this philosophy. A really good example is the new P4T Mobile Printer from Zebra.
It is a personal RFID label printer that can produce Gen2 RFID labels right at the point of use. Imagine how much time you can save labeling items according to government contracts specifying RFID under MIL-STD-129.
As you’d expect, the P4T has all the connectivity one could need, USB 2.0, bluetooth and 802.11B/G.
Unusual for a mobile printer, it also has thermal transfer printing – now there’s a nice step forward. Thermal Transfer Print will out perform Direct Thermal when the label and the print must be durable to withstand the test of time, abrasion, heat/cold, moisture, chemicals and other elements. This is a welcome addition for those who have labeling applications such as Asset Tracking that require data collection from various locations and require durable labels last the life of the product.
Here in North America, the P4T is already available (I believe the RFID option is not yet released).
Update – the Zebra website now shows the RFID version as being available. This version is called the RP4T and is a great option if you need to print and encode RFID labels anywhere within your facility.
Read Zebra’s Press Release Here.
Resolution: 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
Width: 4″ (101.6 mm)
Direct thermal 3″ (76 mm)/sec
Thermal transfer 1.5″ (38 mm)/sec
The P4T serves many industries, including government, manufacturing, transportation, logistics, mobile workforce and healthcare.
- Prints long-lasting thermal transfer bar code labels and other documents up to 4″ wide
- Future RFID upgradability
- Lightweight mobile solution that is comfortable to wear and hold
- Fast and easy media and ribbon loading
- Rugged for outdoor use
- Manufacturing and Industrial – shipping and receiving, warehouse pick-and-apply operations, inventory control, work-in-process and parts tracking.
- Transportation and Logistics – shipping, loading dock receiving, cross-docking and in-transit labeling.
- Military/DoD Supply Chains – asset tracking, lower volume UID and/or RFID compliance labeling, and in-the-field MIL Spec-compliant re-labeling of broken or damaged sea/land shipping containers, cases and pallets.
New products are emerging on the market to enable distributed and mobile printing. For more information or to see if Zebra’s P4T fits your applications, please contact David Holliday or call 1.800.325.5260 X237.
Contact Winco ID to learn how to benefit from the latest advancements in barcode, labeling and RFID technology.
David Holliday X237