Today’s ecological and economical mindset keeps us looking for creative ways to re-purpose, re-use, re-pair!
You may experience this in your home life more (are you an HGTV fan?) and it’s no stranger to the corporate world as well.
Whether forced to hang on when capital is harder to come by, or just can’t justify throwing out something that still works, companies are benefiting from using a little creativity and care to maintain their older label printing equipment. Hats off to those who are finding ways to extend the life of their legacy printers and save our landfills.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your printers working and producing high quality labels:
- Using the correct temperature settings and speeds are your first line of defense to easing the wear on your printer and ensuring the quality of output.
- Replace your printhead when pixels are missing or burnt out to ensure crisp readable barcodes, text, and graphics.
- Use the correct ribbon and label material combination for durable print.
- Keep the printer cover down reduce the amount of residue that can build up inside your printer and in the label path.
- Do not use metal instruments to clean rollers when labels are stuck. You may damage the rollers.
By following these tips and maintaining your printers, you can get more mileage out of your existing printers. You can read more about troubleshooting and technical tips here.
For those mission critical printers, consider having them fully-serviced on a regular basis for protection from unexpected downtime and expensive repair cost. Our service team is factory certified by Zebra, Intermec & Datamax and we support a lot of legacy printer models.
WincoID is always looking for ways to help others “go green.” Have you found creative ways to use or re-use your printers? Share your ideas with others by leaving your comment.