Does your business need to add barcode labels to your secondary packaging, such as corrugated cases or shrink-wrapped trays, and your pallets?
If you do, you are probably familiar with these issues:
- You must ensure all your barcodes are correctly printed to the GS1 standards and the required number of labels applied to the products, even if the product handling isn’t perfect. Is your labeling system flexible enough to handle this?
- Accuracy of label placement needs to meet the requirements of your customers. How precise is your current labeling equipment?
- Growing your business often involves increasing throughput on your packaging lines – can your existing labeling systems keep up?
Financial considerations also need to be taken into account. Your retailer customers insist on barcode quality levels and will back-charge you for non-compliance. In addition, legacy labeling systems can cause downtime, be maintenance intensive and add to costs.
The ProMach Labeling & Coding Solution – CarbonFlex™
The patent-pending CarbonFlex applicator technology was designed by Panther for use with our Predator print and apply a labeling system for shipping cases, shrink-wrapped trays, and pallets.
Now available in our ID Technology labeling systems, this innovative solution addresses many of the concerns of companies needing to print and apply labels to their packaging.
Performance & Flexibility That’s Always Within Reach
Single or Multiple Panel Labeling, Even with Imperfect Product Handling
CarbonFlex utilizes a carbon fiber applicator that takes the label from the printer to the product. The motion of the blade is servo-controlled, providing exceptional performance, even when the products are not presented consistently to the labeler.
- The flexible carbon-fiber applicator can apply one or two labels to each package or pallet (including a corner wrap).
- CarbonFlex is more forgiving of poor product handling than other label applicators.
- CarbonFlex can be mounted in various orientations, allowing label sizes from 4 x 2 inches up to 6 x 14 inches (long labels are for corner-wrap applications).
Accuracy is Everything
Consistent Label Placement, Every Time
The patent-pending CarbonFlex applicator is engineered to place each label onto the product with maximum accuracy.
The servo-controlled applicator is flexible and handles irregular packages such as shrink-wrapped trays and pallets with ease.
- Complete control of the label from printing until the gentle application to the product.
- The speed of printing is decoupled from the conveyor speed, providing greater barcode quality.
- The system PLC control ensures that the motion of the applicator blade is always under precise control.
- For maximum productivity, CarbonFlex systems can be set up in a zero-downtime configuration, eliminating the need to stop your line for label roll replenishment.
Fast, So You’re Not Furious
High-Speed Labeling for Greater Efficiency
The patent-pending CarbonFlex system is designed to operate with speeds compatible with high-volume packaging lines.
- For label webs up to 6.5 inches wide, the label prints in landscape orientation – minimizing the time needed to print each label. This also ensures the best barcode quality.
- Decoupling the print and application processes frees CarbonFlex from print speed limitations.
- CarbonFlex can also be used for corner-wrap labeling, with label lengths of up to 14 inches.
- CarbonFlex is all electric in operation – no compressed air is required, and the servo system ensures rapid operation of the low-mass carbon-fiber applicator.
Better Labeling for Better ROI
Reduced Utilities, Greater Uptime, and Compliance with Major Retailers
The patent-pending CarbonFlex system is designed to help you meet your financial goals by helping improve productivity, reduce maintenance requirements, meet retailer and industry barcode mandates (avoiding potentially expensive chargebacks), and minimize downtime.
- Printing and applying labels by feeding them in landscape orientation increases the number of labels per roll (compared with wipe-on labelers), reducing the number of stops for label replenishment.
- Feeding the label in the short direction reduces the necessary print speed, which puts less strain on printer components (less maintenance downtime) and reduces the number of thermal printheads that need to be replaced annually.
- The print orientation and slower print speed provide optimum barcode print quality, reducing the possibility of customer rejection of shipments.
- With no compressed air needed, CarbonFlex reduces your utility costs.
- For maximum productivity, CarbonFlex systems can be set up in a zero-downtime configuration, eliminating the need to stop the line for label roll replenishment.
- CarbonFlex is simple and safe for your operators, helping them be confident and productive.
ID Technology Labels
ID Technology is also a leader in label production – both for prime product labeling and for secondary packaging.
Labels are often taken for granted, but recent years have shown that there are several challenges:
- Longer lead times due to label material supply chain issues.
- Increasing shipping costs.
- Distance between the label production site and the point of use increases the cost and complexity of label logistics.
Our large volumes of purchases and excellent relationships with material manufacturers allow us to continue to supply our high-quality labels to customers, even in times of supply chain disruption.
With seven label production plants across North America, we are your local label company with a national reach. This allows us to produce your labels at our closest location to you, reducing shipping costs and delivery times while helping meet sustainability goals.
Whether you need printed labels for your primary package or blank direct-thermal or thermal-transfer labels for your secondary packaging or pallets, there is an ID Technology label solution that will work for you.
Improve Your Secondary Package Labeling with ProMach Labeling & Coding
By integrating our vast array of ProMach Labeling & Coding solutions in your packaging operations, you get best-in-class print and apply labeling systems, excellent support, and the opportunity to consolidate all the setup and data control into one integrated solution. That translates to greater throughput, increased efficiency, and a better bottom line.
To learn more about coding and labeling for secondary packaging, please contact us at IDT@ProMachBuilt.com .