Flexible packaging is a popular choice for packaging food products and other items due to its versatility, ability to be recycled (sometimes) and lightweight nature.
While the information on the packages is often pre-printed, there can be a need to add labeling for flexible packaging as well. This could be a prime label for the product, a barcode label, a reclosable label, or perhaps a coupon used as part of a marketing campaign.
The team at our EPI brand has produced labeling solutions for flexible packaging for many years and has engineered an excellent lineup of equipment that is ideal for this job.
Our Flex-Pac™ is a specialized labeling system explicitly designed for applying labels to flexible packaging. These machines are integrated directly into packaging equipment, such as vertical bagging systems, horizontal wrappers and pouching machines.
Advantages of the Flex-Pac system include:
- Flex-Pac can be integrated with every brand of flexible packaging machine, such as the Matrix Mercury VFFS.
- Simple for your operators – no user intervention is needed other than occasionally replenishing labels.
- Virtually no maintenance requirements other than routing cleaning.
- A print-and-apply version is available – ideal for when variable information needs to be added to your labels.
- Extensive support options, with coverage by EPI and ID Technology technicians.
- Renting a Flex-Pac for your promotional labeling is possible for short-term marketing campaigns.
The Flex-Pac is part of the EPI family of labeling solutions. Learn how we can improve your packaging operations by contacting an account manager at EPI@promachbuilt.com.