The three-part label that is used in Meditech and Cerner systems has to meet several demands to ensure that the tests that patients need are carried out as quickly and accurately as possible.
Some of the key performance issues include:
- Printed at the time and place the sample is acquired. Often at local clinics, away from the hospital technicians and IT group.
- Have to be removed from the liner and adhered to tubes and slides by staff wearing gloves – frustrating for everyone if the label sticks to the gloves!
- The label needs to be compatible with the reports printed from Meditech, Cerner and other programs – these programs are not forgiving if the label size and shape is not correct.
- The label must be able to run happily on different printer types, from the small clamshell printer at a local doctor’s office to an industrial printer in the lab at a large hospital.
- The printed label must be suitable to use in a wide range of ambient temperatures and humidity and be able to be frozen if cold storage is needed for any particular sample. This applies to both the print and the adhesive.
- The barcode on the label often needs to be read automatically during the diagnostic process. This can mean that the label material might have to be compatible with infrared or near-infrared scanners.
- In some cases the label might need to be color coded.
Many hospitals are moving their printing operations to mobile printers. Phlebotomists often now need to be able to print the labels right on the spot for the samples they are preparing. With this in mind, we are able to supply labels with all the functionality of our lab label in the correct formats for Zebra, Datamax-O’Neil and Intermec mobile printers.
Here at ID Technology, we have been producing Meditech and Cerner compatible labels for many years and we are able to ensure that the label you purchase is engineered to meet your particular needs. Since we also sell and support the barocode label printers needed to print these labels, our technicians are experts in helping clients fine tune their installations to ensure that printing labels from Meditech or Cerner is simple and accurate.
To get started, contact us today at 888-438-3242 Option#3 or you can contact David Holliday at email@example.com. We’ll get you in touch with one of our ID Technology specialists right in your area.
What kinds of labels are you using in your healthcare organization? How can we best help you?