Most of you are familiar with what a nutrition label looks like. How many know just what all that information means for you?
The FDA.gov is a great place to go to learn more. Why?
- You’ll find easy-to-understand articles, videos and posts that will help you better understand what is on that nutrition label and what you need to know to make good food choices.
- And maybe most surprising – the FDA has a sense of humor.
- CSI (Calorie Scene Investigators)
- Game Show (Are You Smarter Than A Food Label)
- Road Food (Finding Nutrition Information On The Road)
In addition to videos, the FDA.gov delivers current events, recall information, what to do in the event of disasters and information directed at school-age projects – great resource for teaching nutrition in the classroom. Check out their blog to see how thinking out of the box – using Legos – middle-schoolers came up with innovative solutions to food safety challenges.
Do you need nutrition labels for your product?
If you are charged with printing nutrition labels for your products or need some preprinted in lower quantities or durable label materials on synthetic label stock, be sure to check out Thermal Transfer Labels. You’ll want to be sure your label with withstand harsh environments such as freezing, exposure to moisture, adhesion to irregular surfaces or with pre-caution when applied directly to the food.