Have you ever been responsible for labeling a product? If you have, you know that it is important to select the right labeler to meet the needs of your product. Whether you are a small business getting started in the industry or you are looking for a new perspective on selecting the best labeler for your needs, there are many variables that need to be considered such as:
- What type of labeler do I need to use?
- Will the labeler that I have work?
- What kind of labels do I need, and am I getting the right one?
- What label manufacturer should I use?
- Who has the best price?
- What will I do with all of these labels if I make the wrong choice?
These questions could go on and on, especially if you have no idea where to start.
Picking the right labeler and label for your product can be very overwhelming and darn right frustrating. There are many labeling machines to choose from, and most label manufactures have a minimum order requirement. If you have never labeled a product before or if you have just had a negative experience, choosing the right equipment for the job can be very difficult.
- Identify your need.
- What is being labeled? (i.e. snack foods, baked goods, beverages, coffee, etc.)
- What is the product made of?
- Application surface and condition, (i.e. plastic, smooth, clean, rigid, etc.)
- Where on the product do you want the label? (i.e. front, back, top, bottom, etc.)
- Where in your production line will the labeling process take place?
- This will help determine the type of labeler and application needed.
- Knowing the labeler and application you will be using will also help determine label sizes that are available.
- What is the product’s environment? (i.e. indoors, outdoors, room temperature, freezer, etc.)
- This answer will help the label manufacturer narrow down what label/adhesive will work.
Additional factors to consider include graphic requirements and volume as these will refine your selection even more. Applications that require variable pressure sensitivity may benefit from offerings from WLS. Once you have answered the questions listed above, you can collaborate with your label manufacturer to find the best fit for your business. The questions above should begin too narrow down your options. It is important to share as much information as possible with your supplier in order to ensure you are getting the best label for the job.
If you are new to the food packaging business it is important to consult with an industry expert about selecting the best equipment for your product. Labeling comes with challenges and it is critical to have the right information and equipment prior to starting your project.
EPI Labelers manufactures high quality labelers for packaging and promotional needs. We meet and exceed the demands of our customers, because we know each operation and packaging machine is different and we take the time to listen. So, if you find yourself in a sticky labeling situation EPI Labelers has been supplying durable labeling equipment for over 30 years and ID Technology offers the highest quality labels available. Contact us today at 888-438-3242 Option#3. You can also email me at email@example.com. We’ll be sure to get you in touch with someone right in your area to help take the stress out of labeling your product!